Navigating the “New Normal” during the COVID19 Pandemic
We hope this letter finds you and your family in good health. Our community has been through a lot over the last few months, and we are looking forward to seeing our patients and families. While many things have changed, one thing has remained the same: our commitment to your health and safety. Infection prevention has always been a top priority for our practice. We want to update you on the additional measures we are taking to keep us all safe and healthy during the COVID19 pandemic. This is in addition to the standard OSHA protocols we follow as well as guidelines recommended by the CDC, ADA and IDPH. We appreciate your patience as we navigate the logistics, including rescheduling all our patients whose appointments were canceled in March, April and May.
1. We will wear additional Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) as recommended by the CDC and OSHA, including special masks and face shields. All employees are screened for symptoms and have temperatures checked daily. We stay up to date on any new rulings or guidance that may be issued.
2. We are adjusting our appointments to minimize traffic between families in the office by staggering and lengthening appointment times.
3. We will call you 24-48 hours prior to your scheduled appointment. We will ask you several pre-screening questions as well as address any questions or concerns you may have.
4. We have a “virtual waiting room.” When you arrive for your appointment, please remain in your car, and call us. We will call you when we have a room ready for your child.
5. Please bring your own masks for all family members entering the office. Masks are expected to be worn by everyone upon entering the office. Children not scheduled for an appointment should stay home or remain in the car with appropriate supervision.
6. When you are called to come into the office, we will greet you at the desk, provide hand sanitizer, screen your child for symptoms, and take temperatures on everyone. The appointment will be rescheduled if any person (patient or guardian) has a temperature greater than 100.4 degrees Fahrenheit.
7. Our waiting room and treatment rooms will be cleared of toys, books and games.
8. At the end of the appointment, you will receive a phone call for your virtual checkout.
9. We will be cleaning and disinfecting our public areas after use including door handles, chairs, and countertops.
We are so thankful to have you as a patient, and we look forward to seeing you soon!
Kids Plus Staff
Patient Screening Questionnaires
Click here to Make an Appointment or call us today.
Hoffman Estates: 847.882.2555 or Lemont: 630-243-6200